Travelling is always exciting, but one part about travelling that most of us do not enjoy is packing. Packing for a trip is an arduous task, or so it seems. There is just so much to cram in such little space that we end up spending a large chunk of our time trying to figure out what to take and what to leave behind. We all love some good Instagram worthy travel shots after all.
With airlines now increasing fares as well as additional fees for checked baggage, packing light is steadily becoming the norm. It is necessary to not get worried and carried away with how much your luggage weighs but instead focus on how you can make it convenient for yourself. Saving luggage space while simultaneously looking like a fashion and travel blogger on your vacation is what all of us should aim for.
We are going to help you achieve just that. Following are some of our favourite tips to stay stylish while traveling.
- Stick to the Basics
It is important to stick to your staple wardrobe pieces when you are travelling. Every item in your suitcase does not have to be a statement piece. As stunning as they may look and feel, they are a little impractical for everyday wear. A trusty pair of jeans, a black and white tee, a sundress, shorts, a comfy cardigan, a versatile leather jacket and perhaps a few blouses; these are all the things you need.
Depending on the climate of the place you are planning to visit, select pieces that can easily be mixed and matched to be worn on any occasion. Loading your suitcase with essential everyday wear items automatically reduces the need for one to pack different clothes for each day.
- A Few Statement Pieces
A few statement pieces are quintessential for every trip. We are not saying you need to pack all of them, but a couple of stunning head turners never hurt anyone. Whether it is a chic blazer, an outgoing and bold leather jacket, or a striking pair of boots; statement pieces just bring an A-game to every outfit. The best part about these particular pieces is that they pair well with the basics to create a unique look every time. When you are packing for your trip, make sure to keep a couple with you for special outings.
- Learn to Mix and Match
Like we said, find ways to mix and match your wardrobe staples with one another or with statement pieces in your wardrobe to curate a custom mod look every time. A plain black white or black tee or tank top can be paired with jeans or shorts for a casual look. For some added extra oomph, throw on a sexy leather jacket with some ankle boots, and you are ready to head out the door. This look will be perfect if you are out exploring the city or going out for dinner maybe. Change the jacket and shoes for running shoes, and you can go hiking or biking as well.
Wear the same tee and jeans with a scarf or cardigan or top for a chic nighttime comfy look. Switch the jeans for a funky skirt or switch the tee for a classy button-down dress shirt. Pair your dress with a cute leather jacket and ankle boots and a statement tote bag or with some strappy sandals for a night out. Once you learn how to mix and match, you will never have the excuse of not having anything to wear.
- The Art of Layering
Layering is the best way to look chic while being comfortable. Depending on where you are and what the climate is, layering helps ensure you are always comfortable. A long sleeves tee, a light sweater, tank tops and a pair of good thermal tights are all you will ever need if you are travelling to some place and it gets a little chilly. Stay warm while staying fashionable; that is the art of layering.
- A List of Must Haves
There is always a list of absolute must-have items that we all need.
- Dresses: Dresses are a staple. They are versatile, chic and easy to pull off. Be it a flirty sundress or a chic body-hugging number, the ease of wearing dresses is unparalleled. You can pair them with additional pieces to wear them on their own with a pair of sandals, and you are ready to head out. Pack your favourite staple dresses along with a couple of colourful, statement ones because they always add an element of excitement to your outlook; perfect for vacation.
- Shoes: The right shoes are an absolute must for travel. If you are expected to walk on foot for hours on your trip, invest in good running shoes because they are super comfortable. Additionally, a statement pair of classic loafers or chic ankle boots is perfect for the vacation time. Boots look good with everything. The most versatile ones are undoubtedly ankled If you are planning on some special nights out, a sexy pair of heels and classic oxfords usually do the trick. There is no need to go overboard. One of each pair and you are sorted.
- Jacket: A jacket is the ultimate must-have item for travel. Out personal favourite is sexy leather jackets. They ooze an edgy and unmatched aura that is hard to beat. Their versatile nature enables them to be paired with every outfit. Our ultimate favourite pick has to be the classic bomber leather jacket. Whether it is a dress or a pair of jeans and a tee, bomber jackets always look super fly. For an edgier outlook, leather biker jackets are just as sexy.
- Scarves: Scarves are super chic and cute. They are the perfect accessory as you can always brighten up an otherwise dull outfit with a colourful scarf and you are ready to head out. A delicious cashmere scarf is ideal for any weather as is a vibrant silk number for fun days out about town.
- Accessories: Accessories are a must. Be a chic leather handbag, a pair of statement earrings or a statement cuff bracelet; your accessories can make or break your entire look. On your trip, it is crucial that you keep all your belongings with you such as your visa, passport, ID, makeup, etc. For that, a sexy leather tote bag is the ideal pick. If you are looking to go hands-free, get yourself a chic cross-body bag, so you do not have to worry about your bag as you roam around town taking breathtaking pictures.
When packing, make sure to always keep your destination in mind, especially its climate and culture. Depending on your circumstances, pack your bags accordingly and dress up with that in mind. Staying fashionable while travelling is not difficult; it never is. All you must do is learn the tricks of the trade, and you are good to go. Always make sure to have fun though. Travelling is for experience and memories. Make it count.