Homeopathy is a branch of medicine that is based on the principle that the body can heal itself. Homeopathic doctors use small amounts of natural substances like minerals and plants, which accelerate the healing process.
Homeopathic medicines are developed on the principle that ‘like cures like.’ This implies that something that leads to symptoms in a hale and hearty person can in a tiny dose cure an illness with identical symptoms. This helps to strengthen the body’s natural defense.
For instance, an onion brings tears in your eyes. This is why it is in the composition of the homeopathic medicines for allergies. Some other ingredients used for making homeopathic medicines are poison ivy, smashed whole bees, white arsenic, arnica, etc.
Homeopathic medicines you can keep in your home
Here are the 7 essential homeopathic medicines you should always keep at your home.
- Arnica: This medicine is often used as sports medicine and first aid. Whenever someone is shocked or traumatized due to an injury, this medicine is used. It helps to accelerate the healing process and alleviate the pain. When you play sports or exercise regularly, you’re likely to get injured. Arnica can help to reduce the pain triggered by the injury.
You can take arnica in 2 forms. The first one is in the form of a pill. The other one is a gel or spray or an ointment. If you suffer from sprains and strains, then you can use this gel to get fast relief.
- Nux vomica: The main ingredient of this medicine is a poison nut. It is prescribed to patients suffering from health issues due to overeating and consuming too much alcohol. Most people tend to eat more than what they are supposed to do. Plus, alcohol consumption has also increased nowadays. So more and more people are forced to take this medicine frequently.
- Rhus tox: The primary component of this medicine is poison ivy. It is used to get relief from strains and sprains. When an individual suffers from a ‘rusty gate’ syndrome, it is used as a remedy. It is also given to patients suffering from flu and arthritis.
- Ignatia: Homeopaths claim that a day will come when all the top psychiatrists will prescribe this medicine to their patients. This medicine is used for patients suffering from chronic anxiety, depression, and grief due to death or separation from a loved one.
- Chamomilla: As the name suggests, the main component of this medicine is chamomile. Many parents are indebted to this homeopathic medicine as it helps them to sleep at night. This medicine is usually given to babies suffering from colic or teething and crying continuously. The worst part of colic is that infants don’t get any relief. They feel better as long as patients carry them in arms. The moment babies are kept on the bed, they become restless and start crying again.
Chamomilla helps infants to recover from colic and feel good. Both infants and their parents get relief.
- Hypericum: This medicine is used when someone suffers from injuries to nerves and experience extreme pain. It is a great remedy for the injuries inflicted on the sensitive parts of the body like fingers, toes, and back.
- Magnesia Phosphorica: This is great medicine for the women suffering from menstrual cramps. It has helped several women to get relief from menstrual cramps and do regular household chores. Doctors prescribe this homeopathic medicine to women who get some relief when they bend over and apply some warm applications.
You can get all these homeopathic medicines from a homeopathy drug store. You can also order them online nowadays.
Take the right medicines in the right amount
Homeopathic medicines can be consumed in the 6th or 30th potency. If you have a mild fever or pain, then you can take medicines thrice a day until you recover from illness completely. If you have severe pain or health issue, then you can consume the medicine every 1 to 3 hours. Reduce the dose as symptoms go away gradually.
If there isn’t a slight improvement even after 24 hours, then perhaps the medicine is not working for you. Think of taking another medicine or consult a good homeopathic doctor.
Nowadays, it’s difficult to find a good homeopathic doctor in a locality. So if you want to consult a homeopathic doctor, then ask your friends to recommend you a good one. Otherwise, you can search a doctor in google, bing or yahoo also. Just type best homeopathic doctor in New town Kolkata if you live in Rajarhat. The search engine will show you the list of good doctors in this particular area. You can also type ‘best homeopath near me’ to get a list of credible homeopaths in your locality.