The blockchain is booming with almost every industry seeking blockchain professionals and while some firms/organizations have started their own team of blockchain professional, nothing will beat a certified blockchain professional. So how do you ensure that you are the blockchain professional any company or organization is seeking? The answer is simple by learning the basics of blockchain and then digging deep into it till you are familiar with every working aspect of blockchain technology and can use it for any industry – whether medical or financial.
Read on to know more about blockchain, blockchain certifications and how you as a certified blockchain professional can make a difference in any organization. But before that let’s understand what is blockchain.
What Is Blockchain?
In the recent past, you must have heard the term ‘blockchain’ for numerous times. But have you wondered what is blockchain? Let’s see what blockchain is. Simply put Blockchain is essentially a chain of blocks, however, if you look at it technically, blockchain is a non-centralized digital record book in which anything and everything can be recorded and kept for later reference. Initially, blockchain was used to record the transactions of cryptocurrency.
However, as more and more industries are going digital, they are using blockchain technology to record the details and store it for later reference. One of the other prominent industries using blockchain technology is Medical Industry. There are others as well that are using blockchain technology and hence a surge in the demand for blockchain professionals especially certified blockchain professionals.
So now the question is how do you become a certified blockchain professional? What are the basic qualifications and skillset you need to become a blockchain professional?
What Are The Basic Qualifications For A Blockchain Professional?
So what are the basic qualifications of a blockchain professional? Read on to know more.
- You should have either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Professional experience as a software engineer will definitely work in your favor especially if it was in a fin-tech
- Deep understanding of ledgers, cryptocurrencies. While these days there are numerous job opportunities in various industries for a blockchain professional hence you need to be well-versed with ledger but not necessarily have a deep knowledge of cryptocurrencies.
- You need to be well-versed with distributed storage apps like RDBMS or NoSQL
- Soft skills and being a team player will definitely work to your advantage
Blockchain Certifications and Certified Blockchain Professionals
Blockchain certifications you may want to take a look at.
- Imarticus Blockchain certifications: Imarticus offers both blockchain courses and certifications.
- CBCA or Central Blockchain Council of America: CBCA offers four major certifications for Blockchain professionals namely BBP or Business Blockchain Professional, BBS or Business Blockchain Specialist, ABE or Associate Blockchain Engineer, SBE or Senior Blockchain Engineer.
- UdemyBlockchain certifications: Udemy offers certification in bitcoin professional and has a criterion to finish the course to apply for certification.