Bhopal, the capital city of Madhya Pradesh is a beautiful tour destination which flawlessly showcases the mingling of natural with the urban. The lakes, gardens, temples, mosques and the greenery of this city will make you come back to this place time and again.
Hotel booking in Bhopal online can be done easily, and once you are done finding your ideal hotel, make sure to visit these top five places of Bhopal on your trip. Keep reading.
- Upper Lake: This is one of the oldest manmade lakes of our country. Built by the former ruler of Bhopal, Raja Bhoj in the 11th century, this lake is considered to be the lifeline of this city. The vast water body is built on the river Kolas and has a mesmerizing beauty attached with it. Check out the beautifully maintained gardens on the banks of Upper Lake. There is a small island in the middle of this lake where you can reach by boating. Bhopal is famous for the water sports and you definitely should try your hands at these fun-filled water sports that are available here in Upper Lake.
- Van Vihar National Park: Another brilliant place to be in Bhopal. The famous Van Vihar National Park is located inside the city and showcases perfect harmony of the natural with the urban. Do check out variety of wild life that can be seen here. Also, there’s a kid’s zone inside this park where the kids can play and have a good time. If you are a photo enthusiast, you will get to have plenty of scopes to take beautiful photos of the birds and the animals of this place. Do not miss this place by any means.
- Bhimbetka: The famous rock paintings of Bhimbetka caves are located just 45km away from the Bhopal city. These rock paintings date back to almost 15000 years ago and are considered of utmost importance in mapping human civilization from the Palaeolithic Age to the Medieval Age. Do not miss this place and experience the live history.
- Birla Temple: One of the most frequented temples of Bhopal, this famous Birla Temple houses Goddess Laxmi and her divine consort Narayan. The structure of this temple along with the serenity of the premise of this place will make you love this temple the moment you step inside. Do visit this place.
- Bhojpur Temple: This historical temple is located just one hour drive away from the heart of the city. The Shiva Lingam here is the world’s tallest Lingam which has been carved out of a single stone. This is called as the ‘Somnath of the East’ because of the grandeur and the importance of this temple. The unpolished carves and the rocks of this temple add special charm to the overall presence of this temple. Do not miss this place by any means.
Hotel booking in Bhopal is easy enough as you can do it via Internet. Find your ideal hotel and explore this beautiful city in your own way!