BITSAT 2019 is going to be held from second week of May 2019. Here we would be discussing the exam analysis of BITSAT 2019 to know the pattern of the exam and difficulty level of the exam so that the students who are going to appear in BITSAT 2019 can get a rough idea about the exam and prepare accordingly.
As per the students’ review, the question paper consists of more questions from class XII as compared to that of class XI.
Following were the things which were commonly observed in the reviews of students and teachers for BITSAT 2018:
- Difficulty level: The difficulty level of the exam was moderate to difficult because majority of the questions were direct and concept-based.
- Weightage of marks: Weightage of marks from questions of class XI and XII was almost same. However, questions from physics were tougher when compared to mathematics and chemistry.
- Similarity to JEE Main: Questions asked in the BITSAT 2018 were much similar (format) to those asked in JEE Main.
Now let us talk about subject wise analysis of BITSAT 2018:
- Physics: Physics was considered to be the toughest section among all. Some of the questions were confusing from topics such as celestial bodies and universe. Maximum number of questions from electricity and magnetism. No direct questions were there from semiconductors and optics. In short, to score pretty well in physics, your basic concepts need to be very strong.
- Chemistry: This section was easier than physics but was tricky as well. Majority of the questions were from inorganic and physical chemistry which were easy to solve than those from organic chemistry. There were two questions only that required calculations and were moderate. Students who are good with inorganic and physical chemistry which was almost 655 of this section, must have done well in Chemistry.
- Mathematics: This section in the exam was considered moderate. Most of the questions asked were direct on formulas. Application of derivatives bagged the maximum number of questions (7) in this section. Although the questions were formulae based but were lengthy. Alike other sections, mathematics included most of the questions from class XI syllabus.
- English: This section tests the basic knowledge of a candidate in English. The section was moderate and doable. Unseen passages were very easy, chances are that you will get all questions right if you attempt them. Except for antonyms and synonyms asked, English section was not hectic.
- Logical Reasoning: Questions asked here were slightly lengthy and tricky but not tough. Candidates managed to do all of them in time. Topics like family tree, completing a sequence and logical deduction bagged majority of the questions.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is one of the most sought-after exam for candidates seeking admission in one of the top engineering colleges of BITS Pilani providing undergraduate courses. BITS Pilani has three branches in total, namely, Pilani, Hyderabad, Goa and in Dubai providing luxurious campuses. The BITS have excellent placement records along with high-grade faculties.
The exam analysis provided here would surely help students who would be appearing in BITSAT 2019 to get an idea of the expected pattern of the exam.