With the ever increasing speed of doing business, there has been a sea of change in technology trend, such as social media, IoT, cloud computing and many more. Every expanding business house needs to adopt these trends in a sustainable manner to outshine the competition. This digital transformation is also important to reduce time to market, to innovate and optimize business processes. Organizations require actionable insights through technologies, which are integrated and disruptive in nature. Therefore, it is critical for organizations to align IT with business objectives and embark on a successful digital journey, which can only be brought about by IT infrastructure services. According to research, the global IT infrastructure service market will exceed over 250 billion USD by 2022. Now, this calls for a detailed look into the rationale behind managed services.
IT infrastructure of any organization is a mix of data center, end user system, security management, storage management, and host of other things like enterprise networking. It has been seen that traditional IT environment cannot support this massive expansive nature of modern IT. Therefore, CIOs around the world are looking for a more professional approach of managed services from an experienced technology partner.
Key challenges faced by organizations with IT infrastructure
Traditionally organizations have banked upon the capabilities of Managed infrastructure service provider, to derive a more standardized and cost efficient service. However, this is disrupted due to rapid pace of adoption of technologies, which demands the managed service providers to be partners in digital transformation journey.
- Difficulties in infrastructure uptime, keeping in mind the security and compliance.
- Problem with continuous connection by maintaining a bridge with newer technologies.
- Too much of involvement of manpower with operations, rather than engage them in strategic initiatives.
- Cost saving.
- Problem in handling simultaneously remote and branch office infrastructure.
Key benefits of managed infrastructure services
- Automation driven agility – Modern cloud infrastructure and its allied applications must be automated to churn out a more agile system. This results in an accelerated delivery and improvement infrastructure and applications. It also helps in release of resources, with an improved spend analytics. It also provides improved workload placements with improved data centers.
- Streamlined process – Managed infrastructure helps in the streamline of IT processes by making it leaner.
- IT operational intelligence– A much improved IT operational intelligence means a greater visibility into data its associated business operations. This provides the organizations with a much improved decision making capability.
- Enabling newer ways of working – Infrastructure services, paves the way for out of the box IT solutions coming out of process enhancement and technology upgradation.
- Effective team collaboration– A better IT infrastructure services has superior workflow management, which promotes better team management and collaboration. Managed services are known to increase employee retention.
- Better customer experience– When it comes to customer experience, IT infrastructure services provides omni channel experience provided by multiple customer touch points, adding to customer delight.
- IT infrastructure services have analytics driven insights, which facilitate robust decision making.
- Security management– One of the biggest benefits of IT infrastructure management, is real time threat management, which protects brand reputation and in the process lower risk to business.
Also Read about: Best Security Practices in IT Infrastructure Implementation
It is absolutely necessary to have a technology partner, who is well versed in providing solution pertaining to IT infrastructure services. The need of the hour is an integrated silo of services to manage the hybrid IT infrastructure as a single entity. Let us have a look at the best method to address the challenges faced by IT infrastructure services.
- Setup of a service desk- This allows for ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) set up, which is basically a set of detailed practice of IT service management, which focuses on aligning IT with business goals.
- Data center management- To manage the show, business houses need to have a host of functionality like server, storage, recovery management, load balancer, and security devices with strict protocol.
- Cloud operations
- Application support- It is important to have a robust single window application management service, for better functioning of the system.
- Workspace service- This includes desktop and mobile management device management, messaging unified communication system, virtual desktop management, and many more.
- Network support- Support a host of different network tools like LAN, WAN, wireless LAN, etc.
Ashwin Patil is a passionate content marketer who writes on technology, tech trends, tech reviews. Also, I work with people, organizations and the community to deliver solutions which are driven by Big Data, Internet of Things, Machine Learning, Deep Learning & Artificial Intelligence.