Students often fear to conduct research. A few of them know that research performance is less difficult than research proposal writing. This task requires excellent ideas and aptitude to convince and sound reasonable. This guide provides students with core issues which explain the procedure of proposal creation. A proposal reflects not only research peculiarities. It also presents a student as a good or bad researcher. It reflects a student’s potential and perspectives.
Research proposal writing is really important. That is why a student should not compose it being in a hurry and neglecting requirements. One should not offer the research that resembles mission impossible. Such paper is doomed to fail just because a student decided to bite off more than one can chew.
What Type of Paper Is That?
First of all, you need to find out what a research proposal is. This paper type is an abstract that presents the main idea of the future research paper. The summary deals with questions and main issues that a student aims to address. It is just like an outline that distinguishes the sphere a study is going to deal with. The proposal should reflect the current state of the research and suppositions for further investigation of the topic. It also should show that student’s idea for the study is unique and deserves tutor’s attention.
Each application process needs a research proposal. This paper reveals student’s ability to formulate complex ideas doing this distinctly, soundly, analytically. and critically. It also lets tutors learn students’ interests and intentions.
The Required Structure
Each document and each academic paper has its structure each student should know. A typical research proposal includes three constituents:
- Name. This part of the paper is usually called the title. Tutors and students realize that it is only draft or provisional variant. A student can certainly consider its changing in case he or she has received the admission. For example, it might sound just like this: “The Rights of Each Consumer and the Role of EU on Their Enforcement and Contracts”
- Representative Part. Professionals call this section an abstract. Generally, it should not exceed one hundred words and present the core issues of the offered research paper. This might be either questions or some problem a student intends to study and perhaps solve in the paper.
- The Context of the Study. This section reflects student’s awareness of the researched area. He or she should manifest what is already researched, what fields are to be involved for the investigation, what debates are conducted nowadays regarding the solution of the research problem, and what are the perspectives for the student’s investigation. One should also provide the committee with the time frame. A student should specify how much time he or she might need to survey some problem and question or how much time the experiment and its interpretation might last.
- Questions Helping to Conduct a Research. Questions perform the role of a guide during the research process. That is why one should first make a list of key issues and core questions which stimulate the research process and then create a proposal. It often happens that students present questions which are not concrete enough and touch upon many issues. It is better to narrow down the researched area and present executable goal and precise questions or problems for the investigation. One more essential point to mention is the approach a student wants to develop. There are main context paper types. The first one presents theoretical evidence and proves. The second type deals with doctrines and the last one describes the data a student has got after the conducted experiment. In other words, the third type presents real-life experience.
- Ways of Information Gathering. A student has to present here methods he or she wants to apply when collecting the information about the chosen topic. Methods vary regarding the subject and area of the investigation. For example, a student is supposed to visit libraries and archives to study Literature. Those who research some healthcare issues can attend some medical institutions and interview people who might deal with the researched health disorder. College researchers usually prefer libraries. A student should inform the committee about concrete sections a person aims to explore (for instance, Literature College Library). In case an individual decides to conduct some empirical research a student should give a detailed explanation of the experiment and ways of its interpretation.
- Issues Mirroring the Importance of the Paper. It is quite clear that a student should convince everybody that the research deserves attention. It is necessary to explain why this study is so important and that it is up-to-date. A student should manifest the uniqueness of the research idea in order to be accepted for admission.
- Applied Literature. The final part of the proposal is a list of supposed sources a student is going to use for the research. He or she should also identify the key type of sources (articles, books, web sources, interview, real experiment, etc.).
The Length of the Paper
The length depends mostly on college requirements. Still, research proposal writing experts state that an average amount of words ranges two thousand five hundred lexical units. Some colleges can change the limit. There are cases when students wrote 2000 or 3500 words proposals. It is necessary to find out the information concerning a number of pages of words a student should present.