Management exams also have some difference even though the motive of all entrance tests is same for the students. There are many changes in past few years in the entrance exams, syllabus, selection process etc. The popularity of management programs is also increasing among graduates. But, the difficulty level of management studies is also growing each year. CMAT is one of the popular entrance exams which have less difficulty level when compared with others. This exam rapidly reduces the student’s mental pressure by providing some extra benefits. Recently NTA has become the conducting body of CMAT rather than AICTE.
NTA (National Testing Agency) will be the official authority of CMAT 2020 exam. CMAT will be a computer-based exam likely to be held in January 2020. There will be hardly any changes in the exam pattern and syllabus of CMAT 2020 exam. As everyone knows, CMAT offers various management programs, and more than 600 MBA colleges will accept CMAT 2020 scores. After the declaration of CMAT result, the business schools will start the admission process. Students who have prepared for XAT, CAT etc will find this exam easy to crack without any failures. The general knowledge section is a little challenging one when compared to other management entrance exams. Apart from General awareness sections, all other parts are easy to clear. The sectional weightage of exam is equally important like downloading the CMAT admit card.
- What is the sectional weightage of marks in the CMAT 2020 exam?
There are total four sections in the CMAT 2020 exam. Each section will carry a weightage of 100 marks and 180 minutes will be allocated for students. Negative marking will also be a part of this exam. The below table will give a clear picture about sectional weightage of marks.
|Number of sections||Name of the section||Total number of marks per section||Total number of questions|
|1||Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation||100 marks||25 questions|
|2||General Awareness||100 marks||25 questions|
|3||Logical Reasoning||100 marks||25 questions|
|4||Verbal Ability and Language comprehension||100 marks||25 questions|
- What are the top colleges which are accepting CMAT scores?
After the commencement of results, all the MBA colleges who accept CMAT scores will start their admission process along with selection rounds. The top business colleges across the country also accept CMAT scores. The list of top MBA colleges who accept CMAT scores are as follows:
|Goa Institute of Management||Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies|
|Birla Institute of Management Technology||Chandragupt Institute of Management|
|VignanaJyothi Institute of Management||Jaipuria Institute of Management|
|Chetana’s Institute of Management and Research||Globsyn Business School|
|Indira Institute of Management||New Delhi Institute of Management|
|Gitam School of International Business||IES Management College And Research Centre|
|DurgadeviSaraf Institute of Management Studies||Prin L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research|
|Great Lakes Institute of Management||Fortune Institute of International Business|
- Essential preparation tips for CMAT 2020 exam
- Practice mock tests – The CMAT conducting body officially publish a trial paper for the students on website. It is advised that students should solve mock tests on alternate days, which will increase their accuracy. Through mock tests, students can easily identify their weakness and improve it quickly. One should start solving mock tests a couple of months before the exam.
- Time management – Many students only study particular sections and get ready for the exam day. This is the biggest mistake; students should go through each section before the examination. Due to this mistake, many students fail or score low percentile. Students have to allot time for each section, which will help them to gain knowledge about each section and score good marks.
- Regular revision – Revising each part with different types of questions will enhance their strong and weak points. Consistent revision will make students perfect and the syllabus would be easy for them.
- Study in comfort zone – There are times where students are stressed and lazy. On the other hand, sometimes students are focused on their studies. He/she should identify the right time when they can concentrate on studies rather than sitting and yawning. They must study when they are fresh and can focus on their studies constantly.
CMAT is easy if students study smartly with efficiency. The points mentioned above are easy to understand and can help during preparation days. Now, don’t just sit, plan your exam strategy and clear it like a topper.
Happy CMAT preparation!