Have you been planning to relocate to a different city? Then learn about ways to update address after moving along with e-Aadhar correction.
The most challenging part of relocating is not just finding you a new home. It even includes updating all your documents as well. These documents can consist of anything and everything. However, one of the most important of them all is your address proof.
Without changing address when moving house, it is almost impossible to register for any services these days. It means you will not be able to apply for a gas connection or even a SIM card.
So, to make sure that you do not have to go through a similar situation, we have created a list of identity proofs, in which you need to update address after moving like e aadhar correction, PAN Card and Passport correction.
- Aadhar Card
One of the most used identity/address proofs these days is the Aadhar card. It serves as a national level document, which is acceptable in all departments. To make it easy for the citizens to update information, an e-Aadhar correction portal has been set up. This is how it works:
- Log in to the official UIDAI website
- Select “Online Aadhar Update” from the menu
- It will now show you all the information that can be changed.
- Select the address field
- Update the new address in English and Hindi
- Upload supporting documents like any of the utility bill
- Submit the Aadhar correction form for verification
- You will receive a notification once the new Aadhar is generated
- PAN Card
Another document which can be used for proving your address is the PAN card. Besides, it even states that you are a tax paying citizen of the country. Due to the Digital India Movement, you can now update your PAN Card information online as well, similar to e-Aadhar correction. Here are the steps that you can follow to update your address in PAN card.
- Log in to the TIN-NSDL website
- Select the “PAN Card Correction” section
- Choose between online and offline method
- If you choose the online mode, then fill in your form and upload the relevant documents. You will be asked to pay a nominal correction fee and sign the form with an e-signature.
- On the other hand, if you want to opt for the offline method, then you can start by downloading the form. Once you have filled the form, accumulate all the relevant documents and post it to the NSDL address.
- Once you correction application is verified, you will then receive an updated PAN card on the new address.
Note: After the Supreme Court announcement most of the sectors no more required to link Aadhar card, like office employees, school children are not required to attach their aadhar card in their offices or schools. Also your mobile number is no more needed to attach with Aadhar card. But still it is required to pan card link with aadhar card. So make sure you have done it.
- Passport Correction
A passport is considered to be the most critical document, and almost everyone has it made. Some of you might think that getting a correction done to your passport is a time-consuming process. However, with modern technology, it has become a smooth and seamless task. Here are the steps to getting your passport address updated.
- Register or log in to the Passport Seva website
- Once you are on the dashboard select “Passport Correction and Update” section
- Now you will be asked to mark all the changes, that you want your new passport to show
- Fill in the form carefully with correct details
- Upload copies of supporting documents. You can choose any out of the given list on the website
- Submit the form and pay the correction charges
- Police verification will be conducted to check the new address validity
- Once verified your new passport will be generated and dispatched for your address
The Bottom Line
These three are the most critical address proof documents used in India. We suggest that you start the updating process with your Aadhar card. In case you don’t have one, then you can check out the e-Aadhar correction and registration process first.