When you decide to become a traveller, or at least start exploring places to know what the world has to give you, it is normal to begin from the nearby places. While travelling internationally, people do make sure to buy an insurance policy for a financially secured travel experience. But, have you thought about buying a domestic travel insurance policy? If not, then you still have got time. Read out to know why is it important to consider domestic travel insurance and when should you consider buying one in India.
What does a domestic holiday insurance cover?
Prominent financial providers like Bajaj Finserv offers a range of pocket insurance policies to meet your unique set of financial requirements without any hassle. With the domestic holiday cover, the leading Non-Banking Financial Company ensures financial protection for the unforeseen incidents that might occur during your trip. Whether you lost your wallet, your baggage or you are stranded in a hotel booking, or you meet with an accident, you shall receive the required assistance within a few hours. Following are the features and benefits of the holiday cover:
- Avail sum up to Rs 50,000 for hotel booking and travel bookings within India
- If you are abroad, you can avail a sum up to Rs 1 lakh to take care of your financial requirements until you reach home
- If your car breakdown during your trip, you can request for roadside assistance in over 500 cities of India
- You receive complimentary insurance cover against cancellation of trips, bounced bookings, personal accidents, loss of baggage, and home burglary up to Rs 3 lakh with this cover
- In the incident of loss of debit and credit cards, you can request the insurance company to block all your lost cards to prevent their misuse with just a call
- You can get all these benefits with a one-year travel safe membership for which you need to pay a sum as low as Rs 699.
Why Choose a Travel Safe Membership?
With a travel safe membership, you get a comprehensive package for all your travel requirements like:
- Cancellation of debt and credit cards.
- Get financial assistance for up to Rs 1 lakh abroad and up to Rs 50,000 in India. However, you need to repay this money within 28 days of receiving the amount.
- In case you are out of fuel and stranded in an unknown place, you can get up to 5 litres of petrol for car and up to 3 litres for two-wheelers.
- If you lose your documents and you need those to reach back home, you can request for document replacement, and it will be done within a short period.
- The travel insurance policy from Bajaj Finserv comes with complimentary add-ons like personal accident insurance and loss of baggage up to Rs 3 lakhs.
- With the one year membership, you can avail 24/7 roadside assistance. However, you can check the accessibility of the insurance company to your place.
What is excluded from the policy?
- If you lose your value in the event of drug intake or alcohol consumption, no reimbursement will be provided under the domestic travel insurance policy.
- If your vehicle is damaged due to a violation of traffic rules, no compensations will be received in the name of a holiday cover.
What are the documents required for this policy?
You need to submit you regular KYC documents and a travel safe membership letter to avail this plan.